Welcome To On The Avenue Home Decor & Gifts. Years ago my husband and I bought our first home. It was a very old home and needed a lot of tender love and care. I had the vision of what I wanted and my husband was able to help me bring it to life. As we began building and creating items for our home, we had another idea..... What if we started our own business and offered our creations to others who share the same love and passion for decorating as we do. Here we are, 17 years later, sharing our creations and designs with friends everywhere.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Saturday, January 7th



This entry is ~Make Your House A Home~. Many of you have asked us about different decorating ideas and what you can do in your homes, so we thought we would start a Saturday segment called.... ~Make Your House A Home~ We will be showing you different displays we have used to decorated our home and other homes. I LOVE to see other peoples homes...... If any of you would like to share ideas you have used in your homes, please send us descriptions and pictures to ontheavenuelogan@gmail.com We would love to share your ideas with our blog followers as well!

Eric and I bought a VERY OLD home several years ago and have spent a lot of time re-modeling!! Our plans were to stay in our home for a couple years, fix it up, flip it and move.... But we absolutely love our home and where we live. There is no place better~

This is a Built In Hutch that is original to the house. We have painted it and put new knobs on each drawer and door. It has a beautiful mirror with beveled edges right above the drawers on the lower part. I love to put Christmas lights in front of the mirror year round. It reflects the light - and I love lights!! I am a big fan of Roosters (Eric likes the real ones and I like the fake ones - SMILE) I leave my rooster plates in the top part of the hutch which have a lot of the colors I used for the different Holidays. This is a wonderful place to decorate for the holidays! I LOVE This Hutch!!!


Eric just built this Mantel for me for Christmas. I wanted a beautiful piece for the end of my hall, but didn't want it too far off the wall. I have tried tables and benches before, but absolutely know this is the piece for this place in my home. I have placed a Family Proclamation, a small clock, a candle stick w/candle and a Twig and Ivy garland on top.


This is one of my favorite furniture pieces. I found this Old Rocking Chair at a thrift store for $20.00 bucks. Perfect condition and ready to be painted. I sprayed it with our Furniture Grade Black paint, distressed the edges and clear coated it. I love decorating it for the seasons with pillows, quilts and more. Everytime I decorate it, Eric asks me how he is going to sit in it... He honestly asks me this Everytime!! I just tell him he can't... So sorry!! I absolutely LOVE taking old furniture and making something great from it.



This is a little nook in our Bathroom (yes, I said Bathroom, not one of our bathrooms.) As for now, we only have one bathroom, but hey it could be worse right? I was raised in a cute little home with 6 other brothers and sisters. That is a total of 9 in our family and we all shared one bathroom. I figure (for now) my little family of 5 is doing just fine. (I may disagree with myself Sunday morning before church, but for now, we are great!) I have tried different things in this little nook from benches to tables and even a bakers rack. I finally asked Eric to build me this hutch. It has great storage in the bottom and the top half is perfect for decorating. A friend of mine was in our bathroom once and said.... "You even decorate your bathroom?" Yep, I love to decorate every square inch of my house....




Thanks for spending part of your day touring a little bit of our home. Check back each Saturday as we share more of what ~Makes our House a Home~

No comments:

Post a Comment