Welcome To On The Avenue Home Decor & Gifts. Years ago my husband and I bought our first home. It was a very old home and needed a lot of tender love and care. I had the vision of what I wanted and my husband was able to help me bring it to life. As we began building and creating items for our home, we had another idea..... What if we started our own business and offered our creations to others who share the same love and passion for decorating as we do. Here we are, 17 years later, sharing our creations and designs with friends everywhere.

Saturday, February 18, 2012






Saturday, February 18th

Welcome To ~Make Your House A Home~ where we share fun decorating ideas we have used in our home and some of our friends homes. This is also a fun time for us to show you several of the items we offer here at On The Avenue. The first thing I want to show you is my New Old Door!! My very sweet husband sprayed it our Sweet Annie Green, distressed it and hung it in my kitchen. We had a door there years ago and when we remodeled the kitchen we took it out. When I saw this door I just had to have it!! It is a sliding door, so it just slides behind the wall when we open it. Pretty Nifty!! We kept the old door knob and just sprayed over it. I wanted to place a big wreath on the door, but with it being a sliding door that doesn't work. I may also paint the door trim our sweet annie green also, but am still thinking about it!!!



I absolutely love this display I have placed on my piano. This is an Old Window Frame (without the glass) that another great friend gave us. We sprayed it Antique White, distressed the edges and hung this big twig wreath. I used brown burlap to attach the wreath to the frame. Isn't is awesome?? I added candle sticks (that were once brown and I sprayed antique white), an antique gold birdhouse, a couple roosters (of course) and a picture of my kids. I already had this garland along the front with white lights- Gotta have lights! I have had many of you ask where you can find old windows or doors. Keep Your Eyes Open!!! "One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure" We can also build frames or windows and make them look antiqued and old.


The next item is a very popular and fun item. I showed you this fun arrangement last week, but decided to add a Table Box into the mix! This makes it very easy to remove everything from the table for dinner. We just pick up the table box and tadaa - everything is moved. We can build these table boxes any size and spray them any color. As you can see this is a rectangle, but a square box would be cute also. I have different black accents in my kitchen so I painted this box black. Imagine the possibilities........




Here is a Set of 2 Matching Tables that look fantastic together. We painted them an antique white and put a stained finish over top of the paint. We routed lines into the front and sides of the table which took the stain really dark. Isn't this a great look? I added some grapevine twig around the top table and placed some of our hinged frames, pinecones and candles on the top. I love the look of both tables together.




Eric built this Blanket Cabinet for me years ago and I still have it in my home. It is a very simple piece and great for storing blankets. The top lid opens for storage and the two false drawers on the front really add a chunky look. We distressed all the edges of this piece. Thanks honey!! I Love It!





Thanks for joining us today for our ~Make Your House A Home~ post. Remember.... we can build just about anything!!!! If you have something in mind, email us a picture. We would love to take a look at it and quote it for you!!


We hope you have a wonderful weekend! We will have a New Drawing Winner, a New Drawing Item and a NEW SALE item posted tomorrow. www.ontheavenuelogan.blogspot.com


~Mandy~

No comments:

Post a Comment