Welcome To On The Avenue Home Decor & Gifts. Years ago my husband and I bought our first home. It was a very old home and needed a lot of tender love and care. I had the vision of what I wanted and my husband was able to help me bring it to life. As we began building and creating items for our home, we had another idea..... What if we started our own business and offered our creations to others who share the same love and passion for decorating as we do. Here we are, 17 years later, sharing our creations and designs with friends everywhere.

Monday, July 16, 2012

Monday, July 16th 
Welcome to ~Make Your House A Home~ where we share things things that ~Make Our House A Home~.  So fall is right around the corner and I LOVE FALL!!!  It is a time where hoodies come out, football games are being played and scarecrows & sunflowers cover my porch and home.  I thought it would be fun to share some of the fun displays we have done for the fall.  This will give you ideas of how to use our items in a display and also how to use other fun items that will accent our decor well.

This is our Triple Sunflower Box that we posted as a Sale Item this past week.  We have placed some pumpkins around it, some fall garland and tadaa!!  Isn't this display cute.  We also incorporated a red birdhouse that was already on my porch from the summer time.  
The porch on the front of our house is big.  I usually have three different displays on the porch.  This next picture is on the south side of our house.  This Old Rustic Door stays there all the time and I change out the decor on the door and around it.  I have a small antique white bench and a black stool sitting in front of it.  I have an old barrel filled with fall flowers, wood pumpkins, birdhouses and sunflowers.  I have added a fabric runner (antique gold) to add some softness to all the wood.  I already had the sunburst twig wreath on the door, so I added a large sunflower.  I love this display!
Fall Colors are BEAUTIFUL -  I have had this old Barn Star on the front of my  house for years and love it. I had this flower pot on the porch already and just placed fall floral's in it for a splash of color.  I placed a piece of tan burlap under our family name sign to soften all the wood.  I added a couple wood pumpkins and a couple more fall garlands and here we are!
This display is on top of an Entertainment Center.  We added an everyday tile
"Some of My Favorite Things" and place it with some fun fall decor items.  There is a bumble of wheat, a candle holder with a sunflower on it, fall leaves, a pumpkin and roosters.  I Love Roosters (well fake ones anyway- LOL)  I already have these neutral colors in my home, so it is easy to incorporate fall leaves into my everyday decor.
This is another small display I had on my porch last year.  I added a couple Log Pumpkins And A Birdhouse (this birdhouse was on sale this past week).  I have a twig sunburst wreath behind the pumpkins and a piece of burlap fabric under the pumpkins & birdhouse.  Love it!!! Very simple and so fall!


Thank you for spending part of your day with us at 
~On The Avenue~
~Mandy~

No comments:

Post a Comment