Welcome To On The Avenue Home Decor & Gifts. Years ago my husband and I bought our first home. It was a very old home and needed a lot of tender love and care. I had the vision of what I wanted and my husband was able to help me bring it to life. As we began building and creating items for our home, we had another idea..... What if we started our own business and offered our creations to others who share the same love and passion for decorating as we do. Here we are, 17 years later, sharing our creations and designs with friends everywhere.

Monday, November 19, 2012

Good Monday Morning!!
So today was the big day for the "Last Cancer" surgery which would wrap up the reconstruction part of this whole Cancer Journey, however, we got a call this morning and plans have changed to a later date.  So here I am.  I have two posts for today.  As many of you may notice, I didn't have a ~Make Your House A Home~ post on Saturday.  We had so much work to get done before my surgery and I figured that was much more important.  So, how about today????  Unfortunately, my dear friend Mandy only took the picture right below...... I took the rest of them and you can tell I  am not a photographer, but hope you can over look that and enjoy these fun ideas.

Our Master Bedroom
This is the old tree we used to put in our front room.  After replacing this one with a bigger tree, I decided to put this in our master bedroom (I just started laughing when I typed master, because there is nothing master about it - LOL), but we love it anyway!  I added burlap, ribbon, berry balls, small signs, candy canes and white lights.  I just love the white lights.  I absolutely LOVE the tree skirt.  My friend Amy and I made these from burlap and muslin.  It took almost 1000 inches of burlap to make four of these skirts and it was a blast making them.  I placed a few pillows under the tree, a picture frame and one of our picture stands.
Perfect and beautiful at night!
 I kept the same comforter on the bed, but added a few new pillows.  My friend taught me how to sew pillow covers (that I can change out with the seasons) so I bought this beautiful green textured fabric and made four pillow covers and matching stockings to hang at the end of our bed.  After I crocheted the tan afghan a few months ago, I decided to crochet one for Christmas.  I used the same tan yarn and added  beautiful red and TaaDaa!!  
 Here is a close up of the stockings I made.  I used the green fabric for the base of the stocking and the handle and muslin for the cuff.  They are actually quite large (which I loved for our room).  I put a couple of the candy canes we made into the stocking along with some berries.  (I also stuffed garbage bags into the stockings so they would hold their cute shape better)
 I absolutely LOVE this North Pole bag.  About three years ago I purchased several yards of red burlap fabric (back before it was really cool to buy burlap fabric) and wanted to make these SANTA sacks to place under my tree.  Well, they didn't get made until this year.  We lined them with muslin fabric to make them a little stronger.  I cut out the stencil ~NORTH POLE~, stuck it onto the fabric and stippled white paint.  I tied a cream piece of burlap around the sack, folded down the cuff and tied on some rustic bells.  Isn't this super cute?????  I have two smaller bags and one larger bag.  
 Here is a picture of the Large Santa Bag.  This rocking chair used to be in my "Master" bedroom, but we had to move it out to put our tree in there.  I placed this chair next to the Large Christmas Tree in our front room and placed this bag on the chair.  I sure wish I could take better pictures, because my pictures just done do justice to how cute these bags are.
 This is a black wire basket I have had in our room for quite a while.  It was already full of twig balls, so I added some red berries and poinsettia leaves.  Love the splash of red!! 
Thanks for taking the grand tour of our "Master Bedroom".  Have a wonderful day!!
~Mandy~

No comments:

Post a Comment