Welcome To On The Avenue Home Decor & Gifts. Years ago my husband and I bought our first home. It was a very old home and needed a lot of tender love and care. I had the vision of what I wanted and my husband was able to help me bring it to life. As we began building and creating items for our home, we had another idea..... What if we started our own business and offered our creations to others who share the same love and passion for decorating as we do. Here we are, 17 years later, sharing our creations and designs with friends everywhere.

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Good Morning and Welcome To our Saturday's Post - ~Make Your House A Home~  
We love this post because we get to share fun things that ~Make Our House A Home~.  Last week I shared our kitchen chairs and the glider rocker that I re-did.  Today I have a couple quick projects that really added some fun to our home.  I have seen this idea on Pinterest (gotta love Pinterest) and wanted to try it myself.  I had this frame sitting on a shelf and decided to use it.  If you don't have an old frame, just buy an in-expensive frame anywhere.   I purchased  a roll of burlap at the craft store and cut it into strips.  



  
 Then I just started tying knots around the frame.  Super Easy!!!  Once I tied burlap around the entire frame, I adjusted each knot to add a fuller look.  

 Tadaa!!!  Here it is!!!   Then I had to find a place to put it......   
How about on the kitchen table.  I already had this centerpiece and decided to place it in the middle of the wreath.  
Super Stinkin' cute Huh???  
 Remember, there are many different colors of burlap.  I have seen red, orange, green, light tan and more.  Think of the possibilities!!!

**********************************************
I have also been working on one more small project.  I was able to do it in a couple hours (once the shopping part of it was done).  I absolutely love the transformation.  I have to be honest with all of you, this snow is getting a little depressing.  I am so anxious to open my windows and let that fresh spring air in - without freezing.  I decided to do a little change up in our room.  Check this out.

This is the way our bed looked before Christmas.  During the holiday season, I added stockings on the end of the bed and also some Christmas pillows.  

This is how it looks now!!!  Fun change huh??
I purchased a new bedspread at ShopKo.  I looked at a few other places, but couldn't find what I had in mind.....until I saw this one.  It happened to be on sale for almost 70% off which made me love it even more.  I bought the King Size bedspread even though our bed is only a queen.  I wanted it to reach the floor on both sides.  I purchased some in-expensive tan pillow cases and kept the other two tan and red pillows I already had on the bed.  My sweet friend Amy (yep, the one who wanted her glider rocker back after she sold it to me - LOL) sewed a slip cover for the round pillow on my bed.  I have loved it, so I found the same fabric and covered two more square pillows.  I chose one more piece of fabric that is tan with black writing and covered four more pillows.  These were actually the same pillows I used at Christmas.  Amy showed me how to make slip covered for them, so I could re-use the pillow over and over.  Great Idea HUH????  I was able to sew the slip covers really quickly and threw them on the bed.  Big difference huh????
 I am loving it!!

I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this fabric!!!
I think this language is french.....Anybody know?


 I used the same afghan that I crocheted last year and just draped it across the bottom of the bed at an angle.  It is a little creamier than the bedspread which adds a little contrast.  
 I bought a couple baskets (On Clearance - Another WooHoo) for our night stands.  It is nice having a place to through our little extras during the day.  I purchased some burlap with this alphabet design and made two more pillows covers.  I tied a small piece of burlap around the pillow and tadaa!!!  

 Ahhhh, isn't he cute????  This is my cat copper who absolutely LOVES my side of the bed.  He loves this afghan I made and sleeps there all the time.  Doesn't he look happy????


Thanks for sharing part of your day with us today!  Have a wonderful weekend and we will see you back here next Saturday for more of our ~Make Your House A Home~ post!!
~Mandy~

No comments:

Post a Comment