Welcome To On The Avenue Home Decor & Gifts. Years ago my husband and I bought our first home. It was a very old home and needed a lot of tender love and care. I had the vision of what I wanted and my husband was able to help me bring it to life. As we began building and creating items for our home, we had another idea..... What if we started our own business and offered our creations to others who share the same love and passion for decorating as we do. Here we are, 17 years later, sharing our creations and designs with friends everywhere.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Saturday - January 14th - This entry is ~Make Your House A Home~. Many of you have asked us about different decorating ideas and what you can do in your homes, so we thought we would start a Saturday segment called.... ~Make Your House A Home~ We will be showing you different displays we have used to decorated our home and other homes. I LOVE to see other peoples homes...... If any of you would like to share ideas you have used in your homes, please send us descriptions and pictures to ontheavenuelogan@gmail.com We would love to share your ideas with our blog followers as well!


The Bed - As you will probably notice, I have a lot of Red in My home. I love the color Red. I have red walls in my kitchen and bathroom. So it was no surprise when I told Eric I wanted to paint our bed (that he built me years ago) red and that I wanted large dresser nightstands red also. It was so much fun designing our bedroom furniture when he finished everything and moved it into our room... I wanted to cry. I LOVE my bedroom set.



Eric built me this bed years ago for Valentine's Day. I was banned from the shop for a full day. I knew he was up to something, but was absolutely thrilled when he brought this in. It was one of the first pieces he built for me and I LOVE IT!!! It was Antique White to begin with and then we re-sprayed it this Bing Cherry Red.....

The Night Stands/Dressers - When I gave Eric the measurements for these, he thought they would be too big. But we really needed the storage and I Love the big bulky look. When we moved them into our room, they were perfect! This looks like we have nine drawers, but there are only three. I wanted deep drawers for all of my treasures - (as if I have any treasures....) However, this would be a perfect place for a Chocolate Stash!



Decor On Top Of The Nightstands

The above pictures shows how I have decorated the two nightstands by our bed. Mine has the little fireplace heater. Eric gave this to me for Christmas. It heats our room great and the look of the fire is beautiful. It was meant to go on the floor, but it heats our room better upon my nightstand. I put one of our Wreath Frames on Eric's nightstand with the Family wording and a small statue that has a mom and daughter. It says... Count Your Blessings. I am sure he would rather something more "MANLY" on his nightstand, but he just lets me do my thing. I am very grateful he is like that.

Accent Piece Of Furniture - This was the first piece of furniture Eric built me. The top lifts up and it open for storage. When we sprayed the nightstands and bed, we added this too. I have decorated with some rustic stacking boxes, berries, a couple twig balls and this Rooster. I also have a fabric runner on both nightstands and this piece. These runners were very popular in our store and I always grabbed one when she brought in a new batch. Thanks again Linda!


A few years ago Eric went out of town for the weekend. The minute he pulled out, I ran to Lowe's. I purchased all the trim you see here on the walls. I came home (never doing this before) and started nailing all the trim on the walls. My dear friend (Anjanette) came to my home and helped me texture the walls throughout our house. I painted very neutral colors in our room because I knew the furniture would be red with the black glaze. I was tickled at the way it turned out.


Thanks for spending part of your day touring a little bit of our home. Check back each Saturday as we share more of what ~Makes our House a Home~

No comments:

Post a Comment