Welcome To On The Avenue Home Decor & Gifts. Years ago my husband and I bought our first home. It was a very old home and needed a lot of tender love and care. I had the vision of what I wanted and my husband was able to help me bring it to life. As we began building and creating items for our home, we had another idea..... What if we started our own business and offered our creations to others who share the same love and passion for decorating as we do. Here we are, 17 years later, sharing our creations and designs with friends everywhere.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Saturday, February 11th
Good Morning Friends and Welcome to ~Make Your House A Home~. This is our fun Saturday post that allows you to see some of the fun ways we have decorated our home and other friends homes. We love to give you easy tips and fun ideas in these posts. Take a minute and enjoy and thank you for sharing part of your day with us at On The Avenue.....This goes along with the post we made last week about using older items in your decor. This is a set of Rustic Shutters I absolutely fell in love with. We brought them home from the thrift store, sanded them, sprayed them distressed multiple parts and TaDaa! Aren't they beautiful? I hung a handmade fabric runner and a twig wreath with berries on it. I think these would be so much fun in a Master Bedroom or a Girl's Room. Imagine the possibilities?




I Absolutely LOVE Rustic Wood Furniture. I remember being in 6th grade and seeing a wooden box that students could build if they took woods class in 7th grade. I was so excited, I signed up for that woods class in 7th grade and made that beautiful box. (Thanks to the help of my woods teacher). I also had a love of decorating and moving the furniture around in my bedroom. I moved our dresser (with a large mirror on top) so many times, that the screws stripped out of the back of the mirror which held the mirror to the dresser. My dad wasn't too happy and I surely don't blame him. So pretty much my passion for furniture and decorating started at a very early age. I am so grateful I married someone who could help me bring all of this to life. He actually didn't find his talent of building furniture until after we were married. Pretty cool how things work out isn't it? So for the rest of today's post I am going to share some of my favorite pieces of furniture that we have built. Some are in my home and other pieces are in some of your homes. So here we go.......




I Love the beds we build. We have built more than I can count, but this was the first bed Eric made for me (it is now the red one we posted a few weeks ago). We build all sizes of beds and have made so many different styles. If you are looking for a bed for your room or a child's room, let us know. We would love to add a little of our style to your home.



I LOVE this Beautiful Kitchen Hutch!!! It is beautiful and I really was sad to see it leave our shop and not appear in my kitchen. The drawers are all functioning drawers and the two side upper cabinets have glass. It is an amazing piece!




Don't you love this beautiful RED Color? This is one of our TV/Armoire Pieces. We met some of the nicest people when we owned our store. We met a sweet lady (who became a great friend) who owned a home that she rented out to girls. She had remodelled it and it was BEAUTIFUL! We built this piece for the front room of this house. The upper part of this cabinet was to hold a TV and the bottom was for storage. It was DARLING in that house!

Game Table & Chairs - We had the opportunity to design and make several pieces for a family home here in Cache Valley. This was one of the items we made for them. This went down in their game room. It is really hard to see in this picture, but over to the right is an Entertainment Buffet. We custom build this for them so they could put a small fridge and other appliances in it. We loved working with this family and really enjoyed building these custom items for their home.




This is another TV/Armoire that we custom built for some friends. They have a beautiful Rustic/Western home and wanted something stained to match other items they had in their home. The crown molding on the top and bottom added so much. Love This Piece!




Eric built this Coffee Table for our front room and it has always been a favorite of mine! It is very simple! We painted this a Dark Burnt Umber Brown and distressed all the edges. It is great for displaying pictures, table boxes and so much more!! We have played many games on this table. It is a perfect height for everyone to sit around!! We have built so many different styles of tables. If you have something specific in mind, let us know. I bet we can make it!!


I hope you have enjoyed your time with us today. Thank you for letting us share our love of furniture with all of you. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.




Mandy


On The Avenue


Home Decor & Gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment