Welcome To On The Avenue Home Decor & Gifts. Years ago my husband and I bought our first home. It was a very old home and needed a lot of tender love and care. I had the vision of what I wanted and my husband was able to help me bring it to life. As we began building and creating items for our home, we had another idea..... What if we started our own business and offered our creations to others who share the same love and passion for decorating as we do. Here we are, 17 years later, sharing our creations and designs with friends everywhere.

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Saturday, August 25th -
Good morning friends and welcome to
  ~Make Your House A Home~.
  We love this post and love sharing how we "Make Our House A Home"  First of all, I need to send a big shout out to my super cute nephew
RILEE CHRISTOPHER  
Happy 8th Birthday Buddy!  We sure love you!!!!!
AND
My Super Cute Niece
Taya Lin
Happy 3rd Birtday Tay!  We Love You Too!

~Make Your House A Home~
Once we hit August, I am ready for the FALL decorations to come out in our home and also for the wonderful smells of fall to come alive.  I Love the pumpkin spice, spiced cider and cinnamon smells.  I also begin baking a lot more when the cooler air sets in.  Fresh Bread, Banana Bread, Pumpkin Muffins, Cookies - Delicious huh??? (Just pretend that you can smell it)
My home already has a lot of fall colors, so it is very easy to add fall decor without changing too much.  When we had our retail store several years ago we carried these darling "Honey & Me" Scarecrows.  I absolutely love them!!!  They have such fun detail, especially their cute gloves.  Every time we got a shipment, I would bring one home.  I have quite a fun collection. I have several "Linda Hansen" runners (she was a crafter that sold in our store) and I LOVE them.  I have several every day runners and several for the holidays.   

 I already had this display up. 
Just added a small scarecrow, some antique gold pip berries and a sunflower.  Super easy and super cute!
 This is a dessert dish I bought at a retail store.  I added some brown vinyl around it that says Autumn Greetings.  I placed a rustic candle in the middle and filled the edges up with a fall mixture.  It looks darling and smells really good 
(remember how important the smells are!)
 This display is a bundle of Sunflowers, a scarecrow, a twig ball and some smaller sunflowers.  Love it!
This is a fun display on my piano.  I have added some wording for our blog, but still wanted to show this.  Again, check out the cute scarecrow.  I have bundles of sunflowers, fabric runners, resin pumpkins and a twig garland.  I have placed this display in front of an old rustic window.  It is hard to see in the picture below, but I have also worked clear Christmas lights throughout the flowers and twigs.  It is beautiful at night!!  I always buy extra stands of Christmas lights during the Christmas season and keep them on hand.  I use them all year round through out my house.

 The center of this display is an old Black Crate.  I placed a lamp (go roosters) on top and worked around that.  
 Isn't she cute?  Love the braids!

 This is just another simple bundle of sunflowers and a pumpkin.
I already had this tile displayed on our entertainment center, so I added some sunflowers, a twig ball and this burlap sack of pumpkins.  So easy and super cute!
I already had this Antique Gold House and Rooster, so I added this wreath with Sunflowers.  
 Another Cute Scarecrow........

Thank you for sharing part of your day with us.  
Happy Decorating!!
We love ~Making Our House A Home~
Happy Fall!!
~On The Avenue~

~Mandy~

No comments:

Post a Comment