Welcome To On The Avenue Home Decor & Gifts. Years ago my husband and I bought our first home. It was a very old home and needed a lot of tender love and care. I had the vision of what I wanted and my husband was able to help me bring it to life. As we began building and creating items for our home, we had another idea..... What if we started our own business and offered our creations to others who share the same love and passion for decorating as we do. Here we are, 17 years later, sharing our creations and designs with friends everywhere.

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Saturday, September 22nd
Hey Everyone!  It is Saturday evening and I am just getting to this post.  Welcome to 
~Make Your House A Home~ 
where we share fun ideas that ~Make Our House A Home~  I absolutely love wood furniture.  Absolutely love it!!  I remember when I was in 6th grading walking down the hall by the wood shop.  I saw this beautiful wood box and just had to make it.  So I signed up for the woods class that was offered to 7th graders.  I kept that box until a couple years ago, when I realized it would look better in the fire pit than in my home (LOL).  My favorite kind of wood furniture is the kind of furniture we make.  Old, Rustic, Colorful  & Chunky with lots of character.  Pinterest has been life changing for me. (should I admit that?)  I am always looking for rustic pieces of furniture on there and I always find pieces that I love.  Here are a few of my favorite pieces.....

Love the Antique Gold Color and the cute wreaths........

primitive cupboard

My friend Laura pinned this piece and I LOVE IT!!!  I would love to have Eric build me something like this, but I'm not sure where I would put it!!!
LOVE THIS SWEET COUNTRY CABINET
Beautiful Kitchen Table -
I Love the latte shelf on the bottom!!
kitchen island
The chicken wire on this piece is super fun!
Rustic - Love It!
You will LOVE this site!!! It's called Primitive Souls and has lots of neat ideas on how to build your own stuff that looks old and antiquey!
So Many Drawers~
.
Love the Antique White With Black Hardware~
.
Beautiful For A Kitchen
Beautiful
ooooooooo, I love red!
big red cupboard. -Katrin Cargill Interiors
Eric built this piece - Beautiful!
Beautiful!
Love the rustic handles on this armoire.  Eric built this one too.
Game Table & Chairs -
Love This Set!

Enjoy your night!!!
~Mandy~

No comments:

Post a Comment