Welcome To On The Avenue Home Decor & Gifts. Years ago my husband and I bought our first home. It was a very old home and needed a lot of tender love and care. I had the vision of what I wanted and my husband was able to help me bring it to life. As we began building and creating items for our home, we had another idea..... What if we started our own business and offered our creations to others who share the same love and passion for decorating as we do. Here we are, 17 years later, sharing our creations and designs with friends everywhere.

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Saturday, September 8th
Good Morning Friends and welcome to
~Make Your House A Home~
  This is our Saturday entry where we share what makes our house a home, with all of you.  Today is a fantastic day because I get to share pictures of my sweet friend's house - Thank You Laura!!!  And just so you all know, I stopped by her house unexpectedly one day and guess what, her house was as clean as these pictures show.  I was amazed.  In fact, I went home and told my kids they needed to work a little harder keeping their rooms clean.  Notice, I have never posted pictures of their rooms.  Guess why?????

When you walk into her home you are greeted by this beautiful sitting area.  I absolutely love the Antique Gold's and Red's.  She sewed all of the accent pillows on her couches and don't you love the coffee table.  This is a old table she got and sprayed!!  I absolutely love it!  She has many place mats and table runners throughout her home which adds such a soft touch to wood.  
To the left of this sitting area is this beautiful book case her father in law built for her.  She has it decorated darling.  I love the rustic country look she has throughout her home.  Her home has a very warm & welcoming atmosphere because of the way she has it decorated.


This is a darling table display she has in the entryway of her kitchen.  We actually built this table for her a while ago and she has such darling things on it.  I love the mirror she has on the wall above the table.  She has used a lot of pip berries and rustic grungy candles which I absolutely LOVE!!   
I wish these pictures were a little bigger, but if I enlarge them too much, it is harder to see the details.  She has a big open kitchen that is decorated DARLING!  As you can see she has a lot of black accents which really anchor the room. She has continued to use the beautiful Red's and Antique Gold's.

Do you remember the Antique Gold canisters I painted and put in my kitchen?  These are the inspiration for me doing that.  It is amazing how you can take something very outdated, paint it and Walllaaaaa.  I love the small wreath on the wreath stand.  Wreaths add so much to a display. 
 
This is her beautiful Pantry.  I absolutely love the wood boxes she has added in there.  I love adding decor to the average space.  I have darling baskets in my cabinets for my spices, cupcake wrappers and more.  It just adds so much "Cuteness" to an average area.  Again, I love her Antique Gold Canister! 
 Above her pantry door is a beautiful plate rack with Antique Gold & Red Plates.  She said she had this plate rack, but it was too tall and didn't fit above her pantry.  Her husband took off the lower spindles on the plate rack so it would fit!  PERFECT!!  It is hard to see in this picture, but the plates have a really fun texture to them.  She has a lot of iron work throughout her house above doorways.  LOVE IT!! 
 Ok, Isn't this the coolest thing ever???  I didn't see it when I was at her house and I am so glad she took a picture of it.  I LOVE the cooking measurements on the inside of her door.  I think we are going to have to design our own vinyl piece like this and put it on as a SALE ITEM.  I am always trying to figure measurements when I am baking.  There are a few I have down pat, but then there are those I don't use as much.  Thanks for sharing this idea Laura!!
 This is a simple & beautiful center piece on her table.  Again, here is another place mat which adds a softness to the wood.  She has placed a small wreath, a candlestick and red candle in the middle.  So simple and adds so much!!
 This Wreath Board is on one of the counter tops in her kitchen.  We had these as a SALE ITEM a while ago and it looks so cute in her home.  Again, notice the beautiful place mat under the easel.  Perfect!!
Don't You LOVE her Antique Gold Milk Can???  This is in a corner of her bedroom and I love it!!  She used the same paint on this can as she did on her kitchen canisters.  
 Here is another Iron Rod she has used to hang pictures on.  I love the vinyl saying in the middle and what beautiful wedding pictures.  Perfect for the master bedroom.  

Her son and daughter's rooms are darling also.  I will get pictures of those rooms and post them on this blog another day.  Thanks for spending part of your day with us here at ~On The Avenue~ and a big thanks to my dear friend Laura for letting us take a tour of her beautiful home.

~Mandy~

1 comment: