Welcome To On The Avenue Home Decor & Gifts. Years ago my husband and I bought our first home. It was a very old home and needed a lot of tender love and care. I had the vision of what I wanted and my husband was able to help me bring it to life. As we began building and creating items for our home, we had another idea..... What if we started our own business and offered our creations to others who share the same love and passion for decorating as we do. Here we are, 17 years later, sharing our creations and designs with friends everywhere.

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Here we are again in the afternoon!!!  My house needed some serious attention this morning and I found myself on a roll doing laundry, cleaning etc.,  So here I am, better late than never right???  Welcome to Our ~Make Your House A Home~ post where we share fun ideas that make our house a home.  Besides being a homemaker and a house cleaner.... I LOVE BAKING!!!  Cooking, not so much!!!  Baking - Absolutely!!!!  That is one of my favorite things about the Fall Season.  I have already tried many recipes with pumpkin and we love them all. Here is a FAVORITE!!!!  My sister Tori has a wonderful friend that has the most amazing Cooking website.  All of the recipes she posts are easy and delicious.  
Check out her blog for other wonderful recipes.
www.melskitchencafe.com

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

1 2/3 Cup Flour
1 Cup Sugar
1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 Tsp. Soda
1 Tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 Tsp. Salt
2 Eggs, slightly beaten
1 Cup Canned Pumpkin Puree
1/2 Cup Butter, Softened
1 Cup Chocolate Chips (or more - wink)

Mix ingredients well and then add chocolate chips.  Pour into greased muffin tin (or use muffin liners).  Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.  Don't over bake or they will be dry.  I have made these for breakfast.  They are delicious right out of the oven with cold milk or hot chocolate.

Here is another Wonderful Pumpkin Recipe.  I don't have a picture because my family eats it too fast. (alright, it's my fault. 
 I forgot to take pictures of this one.)

Pumpkin Bars (Or Pumpkin Cake)
2 Cups Flour
2 Cups Sugar
2 Tsp. Baking Powder
1 Tsp. Baking Soda
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Tsp. Nutmeg
1/2 Tsp. Salt
1/2 Tsp. Cloves
1 Cup Oil
1 16 oz Can of Pumpkin (or 2 Cups)
4 Eggs
CHOCOLATE Chips (Yummy)

Mix All ingredients together (except for the chocolate chips)
Pour batter into a 15"X10"X1" buttered pan.
Sprinkle chocolate chips all over batter.
Bake at 350 Degrees for 25 minutes. 

There is also a wonderful frosting recipe that goes with this cake, but I usually don't make it.  The cake is wonderful without it.  Here is the frosting recipe, just in case you would like to try it.

Frosting
(May Want To Double This Recipe)
2 Cups Powdered Sugar
1/3 Cup Margarine Softened
 3oz of Cream Cheese Softened
1 TBSP Milk
1 Tsp Vanilla
Mix Together & Spread on cake after it cools.

I always try and purchase pumpkin in the can this time of year.  I have looked at several places and have found that Macey's Grocery Store has been the cheapest yet.  If any of you find it for a great price, let me know.  This is a must in the pantry and I would hate to run out.

Thank you for spending time with us today!!!  Enjoy your weekend and good luck with ~Making Your House A Home~.

~Mandy~


No comments:

Post a Comment