Welcome To On The Avenue Home Decor & Gifts. Years ago my husband and I bought our first home. It was a very old home and needed a lot of tender love and care. I had the vision of what I wanted and my husband was able to help me bring it to life. As we began building and creating items for our home, we had another idea..... What if we started our own business and offered our creations to others who share the same love and passion for decorating as we do. Here we are, 17 years later, sharing our creations and designs with friends everywhere.

Saturday, April 7, 2012


Saturday, April 7th

Happy Easter and welcome to ~Make Your House A Home~. First of all, I am so grateful to have such good friends. So many of you have sent kind messages through facebook, email and written cards! Thank You All SO Much! It means the world to me and my sweet family. So, Thank You from all of us, especially for all the prayers that have been offered on our behalf!!


For Today's Post I wanted to show you some new decorating items I have purchased or created over the past few weeks. This Super Cool ROOSTER (yes, I was a child of the 80's when cool was a "Cool" word) was a birthday present from my sweet Kiddo's. Isn't he awesome??? I put him in my kitchen with a set of my favorite bowls I purchased when our retail store was open. I added a little bundle of berries and LOVE This Display. A Big hug and kiss to my kids. They know me all too well!!


My Sweet Eric found this Awesome (yes, that is another 80's word) Rustic Milk Can and brought it home for me. I tied some light tan burlap fabric around the top in a knot and placed this in my kitchen. I can't help but wonder about the history of this can..... maybe I don't want to know. Thanks My Dear! I absolutely Love It!!!


This picture shows a couple of items, but the one I want you to notice is the Antique White Shutter on the right side of the door. We found this shutter/door at the DI and just had to get it. It actually came with two of these shutters attached. I took them apart and Eric sprayed them an antique white for me. Because they are older, some of the paint we used peeled off which is perfect for the look I was going for. I took a sander to the other edges I wanted sanded and moved it into the house. (As soon as I possibly could of course) I placed a quilted runner over the top and a Quad 8X10 frame with pictures of my super cute kids in front. This was a fun and super quick project.


How About A Picture Frame? This next item was a gift we gave to Eric for Christmas. He actually took this picture last fall of me and the kids, but I had it printed for him and had one of our employees build this frame. (Thanks to our Favorite D!) It was supposed to go on his desk at work, but he never took it with him. Of course I snatched it and worked it into display on our hutch in the front room. I have twig balls and a berry garland behind it (which is hard to see). I also placed a block in front of the pictures that has a fantastic quote from President Gordon B. Hinckley on it. It says "Forget Yourself & Get To Work". I love having inspirational sayings around our house. I just hope my kids are reading them as much as I do!!


This is another very simple Idea. How about a Burlap Bow On A Frame? I have this wonderful picture of our Savior in our home. We actually met the artist and had him sign this for our children. I placed this picture on a easel, but it needed a little more. I cut a piece of dark burlap fabric about 4" wide and tied it around the frame. I just tied it in a knot and it added so much. Something so easy added a very warm look to an already warm & loving picture.



I also created a new Table Display in my kitchen. I rotated my table so it was against the wall that my large twig wreath is hanging on. I placed one of my roosters in the middle, placed the Green Flour container full of florals to the right and placed a super cute basket to the left. I found this rustic rolling pin at a thrift store and had to add it to this grouping. I also placed a large piece of dark burlap on the table as a table cloth. This is super easy and quick to move when we sit down for breakfast or dinner. I really enjoy moving things around in my house. It refreshes things and is a great excuse to clean behind things.


Well, that is all for today! I hope you have all enjoyed our fun projects!

Enjoy Your Week & Happy Easter!

2 comments:

  1. Tell Eric I want one of those milk cans the next time he runs across one, let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will tell him!!! It is awesome huh???

    ReplyDelete