Welcome To On The Avenue Home Decor & Gifts. Years ago my husband and I bought our first home. It was a very old home and needed a lot of tender love and care. I had the vision of what I wanted and my husband was able to help me bring it to life. As we began building and creating items for our home, we had another idea..... What if we started our own business and offered our creations to others who share the same love and passion for decorating as we do. Here we are, 17 years later, sharing our creations and designs with friends everywhere.

Monday, April 27, 2015

Another Wild & Crazy Weekend.....
Dad, Ghav and Chloee!
I can't believe it is another Monday.  Holy Smack!!!! We had another crazy weekend of events!!  Another Rodeo on Friday and a Wedding on Saturday.  Holy Smack (again)!  It was so crazy busy and so stinkin' awesome.  We traveled several hours for our boys Rodeo on Friday.  We left really early Friday morning because my boys were scheduled to shoot (Trap, shot guns, clay pigions, loud sounds) at 10:00 that morning.  My boys have shot competitively for years and I am so happy it is part of the High School Rodeo!!  It has been such a fun opportunity watching them progress and learn from mistakes.  It is a very completitive sport and I am surprised at how well these high school kids shoot.  It isn't uncommon to drop 25, 50 or even 100 birds (clay pigeons) in a row.  It is simply impressive.  My Ky tied for 4 place 
Smile Ky!!!
and shot 47 out of 50.  He was pretty upset about the three he missed, but I was actually impressed with the 47 he hit.  LOL  I couldn't do it.  Check out the view we had at this gun range.  So Awesome!!  I believe Ghavan got 11th place which is pretty dang awesome. 

Way To Go Boys and a BIG THANKS TO CHLOEE for just going with the flow!!!


Ghavan getting ready to shoot!

Ky in his shooting stance.  He means business!

Ummmm, How do I get out Now???
And then to the RODEO!!!!  We got there at 11:30 am and Ghavan didn't rope until 10:00 that night.  It was a long, but very fun day.  You may ask us "What would a person do with all that extra time?"  Well, Eric took the opportunity to lock Kylan in the horse trailer while I laughed myself silly and took pictures.  Hahaha, Good memories!!!!  
By the time Ghavan's turn came,  it was a complete and utter down pour.  The arena was a mud hole and all of us were in coats and blankets.  The mom in me was worried about Ghavan being wet and cold and miserable.......I kept telling Eric how worried I was and he kept telling me "Ghavan was fine."  The first thing Ghavan said after he roped his calf was "THAT WAS AWESOME MOM, Best Time Ever!"   Gotta Love them boys!!!  We rolled into our drive way at 1:00 a.m. and were so grateful we had warm beds to crawl into.  I am so grateful for the time we have been given to spend with eachother.  So, so Grateful!!!!!
Sure Love My Cowboy!!!
Now Down To Business!!
So here is to another week of working and getting orders done.  We have oddles of orders coming in the week and will be contacting all of you as they are ready for pick up.  I have a room full or orders now and will be contacting all of you today/tomorrow.  We are hoping for a big week of pick ups!!!!  You have all been very patient and we appreciate it more than you know.  Having this business has been one of the biggest blessings in my life because it allows me to be a mom first.  Thank you - To All Of You - for being patient with us and allowing us to be there for our kiddos (even in the pouring rain).

It's time for our Monday Drawing......
Big Woohoo and congratulations to 
Heidi Elridge!!!!!
You are the winner for last week's Summer Subway Art sign!!!  I will make sure your name is on one of them and you can pick it up when you pick up your other orders!!  THANK you to everyone who entered last week.  

Today's Drawing Item is awesome!!!  I designed this sign with my kiddos in mind! If you would like your name in this week's drawing for this sign, please email us at ontheavenuelogan@gmail.com and tell us who comes to mind when you read this sign.  Tell us about someone you know who is making a good change in the world.

And ONE More VERY IMPORTANT thing......
Tomorrow is our $10.00 Tuesday! 
Make sure you jump over to Facebook at 10:00 a.m.  for fantastic items at a FANTASTIC price!!
Items will be posted through out the day on the following facebook pages.  

Mandy Schiess
On The Avenue
Make It With Mandy


Have a Great Monday and a great week.
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment