Welcome To On The Avenue Home Decor & Gifts. Years ago my husband and I bought our first home. It was a very old home and needed a lot of tender love and care. I had the vision of what I wanted and my husband was able to help me bring it to life. As we began building and creating items for our home, we had another idea..... What if we started our own business and offered our creations to others who share the same love and passion for decorating as we do. Here we are, 17 years later, sharing our creations and designs with friends everywhere.

Monday, January 18, 2010

Ready For Something New?


Every year around this time, I start wanting a new, fresh look in our house! Many of you who know us, know that we have an older, smaller home. We have been here almost 13 years and truly love where we are. The neighbors, friends & ward are incredible. We have made so many memories here and look forward to so many more. However, as the kids are growing, the house seems to be shrinking. We did a major basement cleaning this past weekend and threw away a lot of junk! What a great feeling! But the more I do, the more I want done! It started me thinking about what I can do in my own home that doesn't cost a fortune and doesn't take a lot of time. As most decorators will tell you, changing the paint color in a room is one of the quickest and least expensive ways to change the look of a room. I am pretty sure my bathroom has changed colors 4-5 times since we moved here a few years ago. I love re-painting!! It gives a fresh look! I have a dear friend who is so talented. She is going to help me texture my walls and I am so excited for that. She tells me it is very inexpensive and easy - Oh... I hope she is right - Thanks Anjanette! I really think most of us have felt the impact of the economy in one way or another. We definitely have, and have watched others experience this also. So I started thinking... what can all of us homemakers do to add a little to our homes. Something that makes your heart beat a little quicker when you walk into the room after a good nights sleep. Being somewhat surprised because you were expecting that same look you have had for a while. (I know you have all experienced that - I have!) We are currently designing and building new furniture pieces. Tables, benches, bookcases and so much more. Items that most everyone can afford. Sometimes adding one new item into your home makes all the difference. I find myself moving a lot of my decor from room to room so I can have that fresh new look. Black is still a very popular color. We have other colors that can accent most homes. Antique White, Cream, Barn Red, Burnt Umber Brown and so many more. We have stain and glaze finishes. Don't forget our custom work. If you see an item you like, but want it a different size or color - that is not a problem!! Sign up as a follower of our blog and share our fun with your friends. Also, please leave comments! We would love to know what you think. If you have something you would like us to design, let us know. We truly appreciate each of you for spending time with us. Have a wonderful day!
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment