Welcome To On The Avenue Home Decor & Gifts. Years ago my husband and I bought our first home. It was a very old home and needed a lot of tender love and care. I had the vision of what I wanted and my husband was able to help me bring it to life. As we began building and creating items for our home, we had another idea..... What if we started our own business and offered our creations to others who share the same love and passion for decorating as we do. Here we are, 17 years later, sharing our creations and designs with friends everywhere.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Some Fun Ideas!!

I decided to change a couple things in my kitchen. These are very simple ideas and will not cost much! I mentioned in yesterday's post that we were designing and building new pieces of furniture. This bookcase is one of them. I thought they were so cute, I just had to take one for my kitchen. I used items that were already in my home, to decorate the shelves. Because it is in my kitchen, I used some darling bowls, a fun cookbook and some primitive rustic houses. I accented it with a darling wreath that has sunflowers. It accents the colors in my kitchen very well. The over all dimension for this book case is 48" Tall X 24" Wide X 12" Deep - Retail Price: $119.99. This is a really great deal.








I changed the vinyl sayings on my walls. Remember, we offer custom wall vinyl here in the store. It is not expensive and can add so much to a room. Choose your own sayings, choose the font you would like and also the color.

1 comment:

  1. That is a cute display shelf and a great piece for that space. Some times it's hard to find pieces that will work well in an empty corner. This piece fits nicely.

    ReplyDelete