Welcome To On The Avenue Home Decor & Gifts. Years ago my husband and I bought our first home. It was a very old home and needed a lot of tender love and care. I had the vision of what I wanted and my husband was able to help me bring it to life. As we began building and creating items for our home, we had another idea..... What if we started our own business and offered our creations to others who share the same love and passion for decorating as we do. Here we are, 17 years later, sharing our creations and designs with friends everywhere.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Porch Decorating

We have an old home with a "Big Front Porch". It is really fun to decorate!! I have created this setting right by my front door to welcome our friends and family. We started with a round black table and a high back chair. Both painted black and distressed. Yes, we built the table and chair.
I added potted flowers, birdhouses, a family name plaque, twig & berry wreaths & a big barn star. My little Chlo Bug and her dad built the red birdhouse. It has a small area in the front for birdseed, and yes the birds found it!! Decorating a porch does not have to be hard. If you are having a hard time deciding what to do, let us know. We have built several different styles of tables, chairs & benches for outdoor decor.
We built this one for a good friend of ours. I have notices she has added outdoor pillows on it. It would be a great idea to change the pillow colors for the different seasons. Another thing to think about would be hanging a twig wreath in the center of the beadboard backing. Very Cool!!

No comments:

Post a Comment