Welcome To On The Avenue Home Decor & Gifts. Years ago my husband and I bought our first home. It was a very old home and needed a lot of tender love and care. I had the vision of what I wanted and my husband was able to help me bring it to life. As we began building and creating items for our home, we had another idea..... What if we started our own business and offered our creations to others who share the same love and passion for decorating as we do. Here we are, 17 years later, sharing our creations and designs with friends everywhere.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Saturday, March 17th ~Welcome to ~Make Your House A Home~ where we give great decorating ideas that we have used in our own home and in other friends homes. One of the reasons we started this business years ago was because of our little house. We needed extra storage and just didn't have it. We had a lot of little spaces in our home and began designing, creating, and building fun furniture pieces to fit these areas! One thing I have learned from raising a family and running a business in a small home is - ORGANIZATION! Am I the most organized person in the world? Absolutely not!! But I try really hard to be organized because our life is much more peaceful and enjoyable. I absolutely love to Bake! I have often told Eric how much fun it would be to have a bakery - Crazy Huh? The getting up at 3:00 in the morning to have everything ready for the day would be horrible, but the fresh smell of something baking is amazing! I have found that baking is much easier and much more enjoyable when my Kitchen Is Organized and clean. In fact, I can't start baking something until the dishes are done and the kitchen is clean. I have shown some of my kitchen ideas before, but I want to share them with you again because there is more than "Cute Decor Ideas" behind my madness. This is a picture of one of the cabinets in our kitchen. First of all, I purchased clear containers so I could see what was inside. I also labeled each container because some of the ingredients look very similar and we don't want to mix up the baking powder with the baking soda or the cider mix with the hot chocolate. I actually thought they looked more decorative with the label on each container. I have placed all of the spices I use on a regular basis in glass containers and I placed the rest in a cute basket. I have placed the flour, sugar, brown sugar, and oats in larger containers that sit on my counter. These are the containers that I pasted rooster pictures on to match our kitchen. I also have containers for our popcorn, pasta and chocolate chips. They are super cute and very functional. I save a lot of time when baking because of the organization of my cupboard and the labeling of all our containers.
These are the small containers I chose for my spices and powders. They are stackable and very easy to see through.
These are air-tight containers and I love these also. Everything is labeled and ready to use. Because they are all the same diameter, they fit perfectly together in my cabinet.
These are the containers I have placed on the top of my counters. They keep my ingredients fresh and because they are clear containers I can tell when they are ready for a re-fill.
This is another must have in our home. This is a Large Cabinet that Eric built for me. It has two upper cabinet doors, a drawer in the middle and two cabinet doors on the bottom. We place all of our blankets in the top part. The shelves are adjustable which is wonderful! The middle drawer holds books and magazines and the lower portion of this cabinet is for our board games. It is packed full all the time, but with the doors closed it doesn't look cluttered. I love having items organized an easy to find!
Another must have in our home is our Entertainment Center. We have collected many movies, games & books over the past many years we have been married. Eric built this piece this space. It has two side cabinets which hold our movies, games, books and more. The middle cabinet holds our TV, game units, DVD players etc. Needless to say, each cabinet is FULL!! But again, with the doors closed it doesn't look bad. I like keeping all of the electronics together so the kids know where to find things when they are looking for them.
It is much easier to find movies when they are organized and yes, the top row are VHS tapes. Does this show how old Eric and I are. It is about time to retire these!!
Another great piece is this Two Piece Hutch we have in our Bathroom. We have a really great space in our bathroom and I have tried many different pieces in this area. I have placed benches, a bakers rack and more. But this one takes the cake. I love this furniture piece. The top is great for decorating and the bottom cabinet is GREAT STORAGE. All of our towels, washcloths, rags, bathroom supplies and more fit in the bottom of this cabinet. We custom built it to fit perfectly in this space so we could put as much in this cabinet as possible! LOVE IT!!
Thank you for sharing another Saturday afternoon/evening with us. Always remember if you are looking for a certain piece of furniture for that special place in your home, we can help you with that! We specialize in custom furniture.
Mandy
On The Avenue
Home Decor & Gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment